The following is a transcript of a conversation the author of this blog had with one of the voices he regularly hears in his head on the way to work one morning:
Voice: "So... you're finally getting this thing off the ground, after months of obsessing over it's design- ' Hmm... is the title font right? Should it be bigger? Should the margin be on the left or the right? What photo should I use for my profile?' GEEZ! Why are you doing this anyway? Don't you have laundry to do?
Nat: "Well, it's not like you haven't been a good listener, but lately I don't get much response from you."
Voice: " And you think you'll get one from anyone bored enough to read this? You do know people are busy... "
Nat: "It could happen. Besides it's more about getting some stuff out of my head- maybe have it make a little more sense to myself. You know make some of those other voices be heard. I'm really doing this for you. It is a little noisy in there."
Voice: "Well, I hope it works- I have to live in here with them. The one who likes to talk like Brando is frankly getting on my nerves!"
Nat: "Really... I always liked doing Brando...."
Voice: " Dude- I feel so sorry for you... and you know... this is sooo narcissistic."
Nat: " I realize that, but I'm OK with it. Have you seen the blogosphere?"
Voice: " You might be right. Just don't embarrass us... OK?"
Nat: "I'll do my best. My hope is to be a little thought provoking about my obsessions and perhaps give others a little insight to why I am the way I am."
Voice: You're on your own, fella. And move the car before the light turns red again!
2 comments:
So you're that guy at the red light. Seriously though, do you need us to arrange a ride to work for you?
And by the way, it's not narcissistic. For other people, maybe. But not for you. (I suppose that's a little vague...take it as you will ;)
Without narcissism there would be no art.(But what do I know, I am just a gardener.)
Post a Comment