May 13, 2010

Don't Read More Redux

Well- I think I did it. I followed all the suggestions I could find in the Blogger Help forums 
on this apparently common matter and got absolutely nowhere. I took matters in my own hands and went deep into the bowels of my blog template html files. 
A dark and scary place. 
I found the line where "read more" rested and deleted it. 
That's right I deleted it! I did though remember to back up my template... just in case... well... you know... And what do you know? It went away! 
From now on, till I get a real handle on this html stuff (this is so insane!), if I want you to "read more" (because now I can't get the words displayed at all- son of a bitch!!!) I will simply prompt you to click on the post's title. 


Why am I this way???

2 comments:

Amy said...

I don't know why you're the way you are, but I'm mostly that way too. There must be some evolutionary advantage to it-- we just have to figure out what that might be. OR we'll get picked off by predatory birds or Wall Street analysts and we'll know there was, in fact, no advantage whatsoever. All that said, I'm glad you figured out a way around that very important problem. Now get some sleep.

Nat said...

My money's on the birds.